lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Turcotte <Patrick.Turco...@USherbrooke.ca>
Subject Re: QueryParser syntax French Operator : DONE!
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:10:59 GMT
Mark Miller wrote:
> Could you say in a few words what you did to accomplish this? I know that
> you mentioned you used a resource bundle, but what part of the code reads
> this resource bundle? What method did you use to get by the JavaCC
> issues?

    Basically:

    * I used TOKEN_MGR_DECLS to declare fields in the TokenManager class.

    * When setting a Locale or setting the useLocalizedOperators options
      (new method) in QueryParser, I fetch, with ResourceBundle, the
      strings to match against and set (with token_source.fieldName)
      values to be used by the TokenManager class
    * I expanded the token <TERM> to do further processing (as per
      JavaCC syntax), which create a TokenLixicalActions(Token
      matchedToken) in the TokenManager class with syntax:

<TERM: <_TERM_START_CHAR> (<_TERM_CHAR>)* >
{
    // THIS Will end up in TokenLixicalActions(Token matchedToken) method
    // DEFINE java processing with matchedToken.image to get to the
matched string, set matchedToken.kind accordingly.
    // USES fields set by the QueryParser to decide on behavior
}

    Hope this answer your question.

Patrick
> thanks,
>
> -Mark
>
> On 10/13/06, Patrick Turcotte <Patrick.Turcotte@usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> This may not be the best place for this message, sorry if this is the
>> case, but since this is the result of a question I asked here, I decided
>> to post it here. If I'm in error, please refer me to the best procedure.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I've completed the desired "patch". I now have a version of the
>> QueryParser that can "understand" the AND, OR and NOT keyword in other
>> languages.
>>
>> 1) Patched from revision 454769 of lucene 2.1dev (trunk)
>> 2) The "ant test" target is still successful when the modified
>> QueryParser is used
>> 3) It doesn't break actual code
>> 4) The default behavior is the same as before
>> 5) It has to be deliberately activated
>> 6) It use ResourceBundle to find the keywords translation
>> 7) Comes with FRENCH translation
>> 8) Comes with JUnit testCases
>> 9) Adds 1 public method to QueryParser
>>
>> So, now, how do I go about sending it all to the those who can decide to
>> integrate it? Where? In what format? Etc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Patrick Turcotte

Patrick Turcotte