lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: How to fire a query ?
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:52:33 GMT
Bhavin Pandya wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> How to fire "digital camera" when someone fire "digital cam" .. ?
> Do i need to make manual list for such items and look up at search time
> or theree is any better way to do this...

You will need a list, but you may not need to make it manually (look at
WordNet, I'm not saying that it will have this exact example you just
gave, but it has many others which would at least cut down your workload.)

I would do this by extending QueryParser and overriding the relevant
methods.  It will be somewhat more difficult to handle phrase queries
since the number of permutations will increase as the number of words in
the phrase increases.  But at least it would give you a way to do it
without actually performing multiple searches.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd