lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cam Bazz <camb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene link database
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:14:51 GMT
Dear Erick;

Thank you for your detailed insight. I have been trying to code a graph
object database for sometime.
I have prototyped on relational as well as object oriented databases,
including opensource and commercial implementations.
(so far, I have tried hibernate, objectivity/db, db4o) while object
databases excel in traversing links, they are poor when searching.

lucene so far solves the problem of solving. I am thinking of a document
as a list of tuples. (sequence of fields) and I can do searches with
lucene, it is really nice.

now I have to solve the problem of linking. if I keep the nodes with a
lucene index, and I can fetch documents with a doc_id, or some sort of
surrogate identifier, and
use those identifiers as node_id in an object graph, that will be what I
want. but in order to do that I need to be able to query the lucene
index by document_id.

I was referring to the link db of the nutch. They do have some sort of
link db implementation, that runs with hadoop, but I have not understood
the full code.
I am trying to understand the structure of this link database. I was
thinking of using documents with src and dst fields, that have document
id's as values. (one idea, I will try it tomorrow)

Again thanks a bunch.

Best Regards,
C.B.