lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Sudden FileNotFoundException
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:20:25 GMT
Hes Siemelink wrote:
> Not making much progress, but there is one thing I found curious: very
> often
> the file that can not be found is "_8km.fnm".
> Is it possible to derive any information from this?

Hmmm, that's interesting.  Segment numbers are just integers encoded
in base 36, ie, using the digits 0-9 and a-z.  So, mapping 8km back to
base 10 = 11110.

Each time a new segment is created, that number is incremented.  A new
segment is created for each document added (at least in the released
versions of Lucene -- this changed recently on the svn HEAD = nightly
builds), and then also for each merge that's done.

Are you using the default merge settings for Lucene?

Mike