lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser syntax French Operator
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 21:35:31 GMT
Oh wouldn't we all. I want this too. Unfortunately, it's an elusive
beast at best. As I am sure you know, JavaCC generates code based on the
grammar and so it is very hard to alter the grammar after JavaCC'ing it.
If you relax the 'add' part then you might be able to do something with
QueryParserConstants.java. This holds an int for each string in the
grammar which indexes into a String array...check it out and you will
see what I mean. So replacing may be as easy as modifying the 'and' and
'or' and whatnot in that String array. You might make a conditional
build file that includes the correct QueryParserConstants.java or
something. I have not explored this too deeply so if you find something
better or this is a dead end, please let me know.

- Mark