lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shane Perry <sh...@my-family.us>
Subject Changing Similarity on existing index
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:45:52 GMT
I have an existing index which was created with DefaultSimilarity.  I
want to update the index to use my own Similarity class (need to change
the lengthNorm).  I wrote a quick script which creates a new index,
calls setSimilarity(new MySimilarity) for that indexes IndexWriter, and
then calls writer.addIndexes(Directory[] dirList) where dirList contains
my previously existing index.

Initially, I had anticipated that doing this would updated the
Similarity as part of the add process.  But after running some tests,
this does not appear to be the case.

Is there some way I can update the Similarity on an index without having
to query out each document, and re-indexing in a new index?

Thanks,

Shane