lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rahil <>
Subject Performing a like query
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 12:05:12 GMT

I have a custom-built Analyzer where I tokenize all non-whitespace
characters as well available in the field "TERM" (which is the only
field being tokenised).

If I now query my index file for a term "6/12" for instance, I get back
only ONE result

1.0    0    260278007    6/12 (finding)

instead of TWO. There is another token in the index file of the form

2561280012    0    163939000    R-eye=6/12 (finding)    0    3    en

At first it wasn't quite obvious to me why this was happening. But after
playing around a bit I realised that if I pass a query "R-eye=6/12"
instead, I will get this second result (but not the first one now). Is
there a way to tweak the  Query query = parser.parse(searchString)
method so that I can get both the records if I query for "6/12".
Something like a 'contains' query in Java.

Will appreciate all help. Thanks a lot

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message