lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: termpositions at index time...
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:23:45 GMT

On Oct 18, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> We're indexing books. I need to
> a> return books ordered by relevancy
> b> for any single book, return the number of hits in each chapter
> (which, of
> course, may be many pages).

I think your application deserves a good look at XTF:

	<http://www.cdlib.org/inside/projects/xtf/>

Here's an example of its results:

	<http://content.cdlib.org/xtf/view?
query=gold&docId=kt6489n9wp&chunk.id=0&toc.depth=1&toc.id=0&brand=oac&x=

22&y=9>

I've been looking into XTF lately.  I've seen that they do some
patches to Lucene, or at least now extend it somehow, and I'm curious
if anyone on this list is part of the XTF team and could describe the
changes they've made to Lucene and possibly submit them for
consideration into the core.

	Erik