lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search Problem
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:03:14 GMT
Yes, but you must close and re-open your SEARCHER. There are various schemes
for doing this based upon now expensive it is to open a new searcher and how
often you need to do it, but it's not built into Lucene AFAIK. It all
depends upon how quickly you have to see the results of your update.

Also, be aware that your update code does not necessarily write your data to
the index immediately, so you can only be assured that the data is available
if you, say, close your index updater.

Erick