lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MultiFieldQueryParser vs concatenated field
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:53:30 GMT
Well, as always, it depends <G>... My first thought is that I'd index things
in separate fields as it gives you more options. For instance, let's say
that you have name and phone fields and decide that the name field is more
important than the phone number. Your options for boosting "anything in the
name field" are better if it's indexed separately.

I've actually never seen this question discussed on this thread, so in terms
of real knowledge, I'm clueless <G>...

Erick