lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "d rj" <drjat...@gmail.com>
Subject question regarding usage of IndexWriter.setMaxFieldLength()
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:40:52 GMT
Hello-

I was wondering about the usage of IndexWriter.setMaxFieldLength()
it is limited, by default, to 10k terms per field.  Can anyone tell me if
this is this a "per field" limit or a "per uniquely named field" limit?
I.e. in the following snippet I add many words to different Fields all w/
the same name.  Will all words be indexed w/ no problem allowing me to
conduct a search across the "text" field for any word occurring in any these
long strings?

string longString1 = <~9k words in string>;
string longString2 = <~9k words in string>;
string longString3 = <~9k words in string>;

Document doc = new Document();
doc.add(new Field("text", longString1, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
doc.add(new Field("text", longString2, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
doc.add(new Field("text", longString3, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

thanks.
-david