lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh parab <rajesh_para...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question on storing object hierarchy in Lucene Index
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:55:23 GMT
Hi,

Lets consider the following object structure.

The objects Y and Z does not have an existance on their own. They are owned by object X.

How do we effectively search such object structure using Lucene? The way I see is to denormalize
this object structure and save the values of X, Y and Z in same field separated by some separator.
During searh, again combine the values of X, Y and Z while constructing the query.

Are there any best practices around storing the such data structure inside Lucene Index?

Regards,
Rajesh