lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jong Kim" <j...@sitescape.com>
Subject Looking for a stemmer that can return all inflected forms
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:57:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for a stemmer that is capable of returning all morphological
variants  of a query term (to be used for high-recall search). For example,
given a query term of 'cares', I would like to be able to generate 'cares',
'care', 'cared', and 'caring'.

I looked at the Porter stemmer, Snowball stemmer, and the K-stem.
All of them provide a method that takes a surface string ('cares') as an
input and returns its base form/stem, which is 'care' in this example.
But it appears that I can not use the stemmer to generate all of the
inflected forms of a given query term.

Does anyone know of such tool for Lucene?
Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
/Jong