lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: a design question
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 04:53:22 GMT
Gecko? ;)
My advice: stay away from EJBs as much as you can.  They are too complicated and too heavy
for most systems.  Servlet containers like Jetty, Tomcat, or Resin are often perfectly suitable
for the job and a lot simpler.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: "Chenini, Mohamed " <MChenini@geico.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:25:44 AM
Subject: a design question

Hello,

This is a design question: For Lucene to be able to process a million
documents and in the purpose for the search application to be scalable
and still have a good response time do we need to use an EJB container
such as Weblogic or is a Servlet container such as Tomcat sufficient to
do the job? This design should take into consideration remote searching.

Thanks,
Mohamed
This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.