lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ismail Siddiqui" <ism...@gmail.com>
Subject TermQuery and PhraseQuery..problem with word with space
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 18:59:21 GMT
Hi All

I am trying to index a field which has more than one word with space e.g.
"My Word"
i am indexng it UN_TOKENIZED .. but when i use TermQuery to query "My Word"
its not yielding any result.. if I index it TOKENIZED and use phrase query..
then use
phrase query then it yields result on all 3 combination "My" , "Word", "MY
Word"
but I actually want to show result only on "My Word"...

Is term qurey limited to one word? i mean if we index a word with space and
index it UN_TOKENIZED..
shouldnt TermQuery yeild result to "My Word".

Ismail