lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mag Gam" <magaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advantage of putting lucene index in RDBMS
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 04:26:06 GMT
I appreciate everyone's responses.

I guess the main advantage of putting lucene's index into a RDBMS is for
flexibility of queries. Personally, I rather use a RDBMS for results than
lucene because I am more experienced with SQL queries than using Java.

Does anyone have a simple example of using FileDocument (
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/demo/FileDocument.html),
which includes the following fields:path, modified, and contents? I would
like to try this approach ....

TIA!