lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Enrique Lamas" <enrique.la...@corp.ya.com>
Subject I need your opinion about working with big index and frecuently updates
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:54:44 GMT
Hi,
I'm working with a 100Mb length index. By application requirements, the information indexed
is frecuently updated, with plenty of modifications, deletions and additions.

I think Lucene is a very powerful searching tool once the index is already created, but I'm
not sure if update index frecuently is also efficient. Even when index is quite long.

Previosly, I regenerated all index from zero once at the day, but now I need changes to be
noticed earlier.

┬┐How would you implement this?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks