lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stelios Eliakis" <elia...@gmail.com>
Subject highlighting
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:39:27 GMT
Hi,
I'm new to lucene and I'm interesting in highlighting.
I want to extract the Best Fragment (passage) from a text file.
When I use the following code I take the first fragment that contains my
query. Nevertheless, the JavaDoc says that the function getBestFragment
returns the best fragment. Do I something wrong?

    QueryScorer scorer = new QueryScorer(query);

    SimpleHTMLFormatter formatter =new SimpleHTMLFormatter("<span
class=\"highlight\">","</span>");

    Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(formatter, scorer);

    Fragmenter fragmenter = new SimpleFragmenter(50);

    QueryScorer fragmentScore=(QueryScorer) highlighter.getFragmentScorer();

    TokenStream tokenStream = new StandardAnalyzer().tokenStream("contents",
new StringReader(text));

    String result = highlighter.getBestFragment(tokenStream,text);

    System.out.println(result);

Thanks in advance

--
Stelios Eliakis