lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Polites" <jason.poli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible exceptions using IndexReader & IndexWriter
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:09:26 GMT
I've also seen FileNotFound exceptions when attempting a search on an index
while it's being updated, and the searcher is in a different JVM.  This is
supposed to be supported, but on Windows seems to regularly fail (for me
anyway).

The simplest solution to this would be a service oriented approach, using a
web service or RMI interface to the index.  Performance issues not
withstanding.