lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "no spam" <mrs.nos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: default AND operator
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:03:50 GMT
I am new to Lucene so I'll admit I am confused by a few things.  I'm using
an index which was built with the StandardAnalyzer.  I have verified this by
using an IndexReader to read the docs back out ... Antiques is not Antiq in
the index.   So according to this note in the Lucene docs I would assume a
Query parsed without a stemming analyzer would have matched:

"Note: The analyzer used to create the index will be used on the terms and
phrases in the query string. So it is important to choose an analyzer that
will not interfere with the terms used in the query string."

But it's quite the opposite, only a query parsed with the stemming analyzer
is matching my queries.  So these are a few confusing issues which to me
seem a *bit* beside the point ... perhaps I'm wrong.

HOWEVER .. I'm still confused as to why the AND operator isn't matching my
"french AND antiques" query regardless of the index.

I will look into Luke ... thanks for your replies ... Mark