lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proximity Query Parser
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:04:38 GMT
Thanks for the tip Paul. It is embarrassing, but I only realized how OrSpan
queries worked a day or two ago based on a tip from Eric. The way I assumed
it would create the spans before was just wrong and I never had researched
further. Now I see that it would be a nice optimization for what I
have...but I have not yet looked into how easy it will be to integrate it
into my distribution algorithm. I do use it for multiphrase queries however
based on Erics tip. It will hopefully be pretty simple to apply it to my
distribution, but I have not had time to check it out. I plowed this thing
out pretty quickly and am hoping I can go back and clean up a lot of things.
Need a short break though to pump out some other things. As I learn more
about Lucene and JavaCC I will incorporate new methods into the parser.

- Mark