lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From heritrix.lucene <heritrix.luc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: searching for the part of a term.
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:45:22 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for yor reply..

> : Since the overhead in first is the speed of the system, i think adopting
> : second method will be better.

Since iMy index size is around 10GB the second method is also taking a lot
of time for queries like
"am".

One more things that i found in

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/13345?search_string=Starts%20With%20x%20and%20Ends%20With%20x%20Queries;#13345

was to index rotated token of a word, and then search by the prefix query.
But i think here also i'll face the speed issue because of the prefix
query..(If i am right...)

One more thing that we can do is to prepare the n-grams of a word and then
index each of them.
This way the index size will increase by several magnitude on the cost of
speed...

Is this the way by which i can implement the fastest substring search ????

Regards....

: