lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From heritrix.lucene <>
Subject Re: searching for the part of a term.
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:47:15 GMT
While i was searching forum for my problem for searching a substring, i got
few very good links.;#39753;#7813;#5931

In first, WildcardTermEnum is used.
>>I tried with this but this takes a lot of time in searching.

The other solution i found was to create a tokenstream which splits a token
into multiple tokens, and then index those token. like : google into google,
oogle, ogle....
And then while searching make a prefix query , then search.
>>But here it seems to create a lot of tokens from one token resulting index
size multiple times bigger then if we index a single token.

Since the overhead in first is the speed of the system, i think adopting
second method will be better.

Is there any other solution for this problem?? Am i going in right

It'll be great to see your response...