lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lude <lucene.develo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Status: Sorting on tokenized fields
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:02:11 GMT
Hi Chris,

sure, you can create an addional field for every field that should
support sorting.

In our application we need to do this for all 20 fields. That means
me have to create twenty redundant fields just for sorting.
That's really an overhead in size and indexing-time.

:: using the stored value doesn't help: there can be multiple stored values
:: just as easily as there can be multiple tokens.

In what situations do you have more than one stored value per field?
In our applications we always have one stored value for each field.
In such a situation it would be perfect to take these stored values for
sorting....
Wouldn't it?

Greetings
lude