lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: strange behavior 4 query term boost
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:49:11 GMT

I assume you mean that the set of matches is hte same, but the scores (and
possibly the order) are different correct?

The IndexSearcher.explain methods should help make the reason clear --
compare the output for each query when looking at the same docIds.

I suspect what you'll find is that with the low boost values, the
fieldNorms become more significant resulting in a change of order.