lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Versions
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:33:52 GMT

: I have downloaded the last nightly build. I was looking for an
: interesting method I found in the javadoc (Explanation.getSummary()) but
: I found nothing similar, only getDescription() and getDetails(), which
: were already present in v2.0. Is this method still to be added? Or has
: it been discarded?

it's in the trunk (hence it's in the online javadocs) .... i see no reason
why it would be discarded, but there is also nothing very special about
it...

  protected String getSummary() {
    return getValue() + " = " + getDescription();
  }

...it was only added to Explanation so subclasses (like
ComplexExplanation) could be written without needing to cut/paste a lot of
code to make the toString and toHtml methods work right.

-Hoss