lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: removing a term from a lucene index
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:31:06 GMT

: > undesired words as a sort of stoplist.  But surely there's a better way
: > to do it (the inverted index structure seems like this should be
: > natural).  Any pointers would be most helpful.

I've never given this much thought, but i know that merging indexes can be
done with IndexReaders, and I know i've seen a FilterIndexReader class
which lets you proxy to another IndexReader but "filter out" some data by
overriding methods and using FilterTermDocs, FilterTermEnum and
FilterTermPositions ... would it be possibe to subclass FilterIndexReader
with an instance that checked the docFreq of each term and ignored it if
it was less then N ... then just merge your old index into a new (epty)
index using this FilteredIndexReader...

	?

-Hoss