lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject jvm crashes on FieldCache.DEFAULT.getStrings(reader, field);
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:27:15 GMT

[discussion moved here from dev-list]

Could it be an out-of-mem error?
Can you run it with a debugger, to see what really happens?
JVMs usually create a javacore file, and in case of an out-of-mem also a
heapdump file - these give more info on the problem. In case this file was
not created in this crash, perhaps try a different jvm - e.g. if you used,
say, sun's jvm try to switch to, say, ibm's jvm - perhaps a javacore file
would be created.