lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: lucene based frameworks/servers: solr, nutch, compass - which one is for what????
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:19:51 GMT

On Sep 20, 2006, at 7:39 AM, Chenini, Mohamed wrote:
> Is  "the upcoming Lucene in Action part deux" a complement to
> ACTION (which I just recently bought)? And will it be for sale? Why
> don't you and Erik don't write a Lucene/Nutch book?

Lucene in Action 2nd edition (code named LIA2) will be the successor,
not quite a complement but rather a newly revised version with
updated API usage for Lucene 2.x, coverage of new features, but also
containing all the still relevant content from LIA1.

Certainly updated coverage of Nutch will be part of LIA2 as well as
solid coverage of Solr.  We'll release more details of what we plan
to cover as we actually pin down what that is.  Right now we're in
the planning stage, and work should begin on it real soon now.  As
for an expected release date, I cannot even speculate.  A wild guess
would be no later than next summer, but certainly we hope much sooner.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message