lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lee_G...@emc.com
Subject RE: best way to get specific results
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:17:07 GMT
Thanks, I definitely missed this. Makes it a lot more simpler to use...

Appreciate your help Chris.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 08:26 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: best way to get specific results

: Thanks for the info on this. Since I should use the search function
that
: returns TopDocs, I was wondering what was the proper way to create a
: Weight object to pass into the search function.

I think you are getting too hung up on the method summary section of the
IndexSearcher javadocs ... IndexSearcher also supports all of the
methods in the Searcher interface, like...

   TopDocs d = searcher.search(myQuery, (Filter)null, 100);

-Hoss