lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK)" <aviran.mo...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: how to enhance speed of sorted search
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:49:10 GMT
AFAIK when you sort Lucene does not calculate the relevance score.

Aviran
http://www.aviransplace.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Yura Smolsky [mailto:info@altervisionmedia.com]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 4:39 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: how to enhance speed of sorted search

Hello, java-user.

I have a set of documents with two fields:
1. "summary" which is tokenized, stored. it contains some text 2.
"date", which is untokenized, stored. it contains seconds from epoch
aligned to the right and padded with zeroes on the left

I perform searches which are sorted by "date" field.
my query is phrase one - summary:"some text bla bla"
my sort is SortField("modified", SortField.INT, True)

I don't need to sort documents using "summary" field by relevance. I
think that by default Lucene spends some operations to score documents
using query.

Is there any way to speed up queries? Maybe should I replace query with
filter?

The problem that I have very big index, like 80 Gb and I have a lot of
different queries (about 480 per minute).

--
Yura Smolsky