lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Highligher Example
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:50:38 GMT
There are test cases in the Highlighter codebase that exercise it and
show its use, as well as a few examples of it in the "Lucene in
Action" codebase.

These examples output plain text with some prefix and suffix
surrounding the highlighted terms.  Highlighting text in a PDF is
possible, I'm pretty sure, but I don't think the same would be easily
possible with Microsoft document formats.  I'm not sure if you are
asking for these document types to be highlighted or just a plain
text representation of them, though.

	Erik