lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Venkateshprasanna <>
Subject Where do I get org.apache.commons.collections package sources?
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:38:12 GMT

I saw these classes and want to use them for my implementation as well. But I
am not getting the source code for the specified package:

Is there any other way of implementing the same?

Why only classes from that package has to be used?

I built a filter for exactly this purpose (statistics over word
combinations); I will send it to you directly. It uses some containers
from org.apache.commons.collections, so I guess it's not suitable yet
for inclusion in the lucene distribution.

The filter handles position increments > 1 by inserting fillers, so a
phrase "look at my car" will become "look _ _ car" when the words "at"
and "my" are filtered out from the stream, and "car" is assigned a
position increment of 3. But since StopFilter does not currently
produce position increments, you will hardly ever see them. The filter
does not handle position increments == 0. (But will produce them for
ngrams that start at the same position.)

Sent from the Lucene - Java Users forum at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message