lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Philip Brown <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Phrase search using quotes -- special Tokenizer
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 02:40:18 GMT

No, I've never used Luke.  Is there an easy way to examine my RAMDirectory
index?  I can create the index with no quoted keywords, and when I search
for a keyword, I get back the expected results (just can't search for a
phrase that has whitespace in it).  If I create the index with phrases in
quotes, then when I search for anything in double quotes, I get back
nothing.  If I create the index with everything in quotes, then when I
search for anything by the keyword field, I get nothing, regardless of
whether I use quotes in the query string or not.  (I can get results back by
searching on other fields.)  What do you think?

Philip

Erick Erickson wrote:

> OK, I've gotta ask. Have you examined your index with Luke to see if what
> you *think* is in the index actually *is*???
>
> Erick
>
> On 9/1/06, Philip Brown <pmb@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>>

>> Interesting...just ran a test where I put double quotes around everything
>> (including single keywords) of source text and then ran searches for a
>> known
>> keyword with and without double quotes -- doesn't find either time.
>>

>> Mark Miller-5 wrote:
>> >
>> > Sorry to hear you're having trouble. You indeed need the double quotes
>> in
>> > the source text. You will also need them in the query string. Make sure
>> > they
>> > are in both places. My machine is hosed right now or I would do it for
>> you
>> > real quick. My guess is that I forgot to mention...no only do you need
>> > add the <QUOTED> definiton to the TOKEN section, but below that you
>> will
>> > find the grammer...you need to add <QUOTED> to the grammer. If you look
>> > how
>> > <NUM> and <APOSTROPHE> are done you will prob see what you should
do.
>> If
>> > not, my machine should be back up tomarrow...
>> >
>> > - Mark

>> happy
>> get
>> quotes