lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com>
Subject wildcards in quoted phrases?
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:20:30 GMT
I have someone wanting to do a query like this - "top sta*", but from
what I have been able to gather, lucene doesn't have any built in
support for wildcards inside of phrases?

Well, at least not complete support.  I was led to the MultiPhraseQuery
class - but looking at that leaves me wondering - has anyone written (or
modified) a QueryParser that can automatically use this?

Or do I have to manually create the query whenever I encounter a quoted
phrase with a wildcard?  My hunch is that its not real easy, otherwise
it would already have been done...

Thanks,

Dan