lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Luis Rodrigo Aguado <lrodr...@isoco.com>
Subject Real world app advice
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:50:41 GMT
    Hi all,

    I have used Lucene so far for solving toy exaples and making
tutorial examples, but now I am facing my first real-world high-quality
application.

    I need to manage around 50.000 docs, ranging from a few lines to a
couple pages. I also need to handle lemmas and synonyms, and here is
where my main doubts arise. I have considered two options: adding the
synonyms and lemmas to the indexes and keeping the queries simple, or
expanding the queries with these lemmas and synonyms and keeping the
indexes simple. Is one of the two preferrable over the other? What are
the benefits of each of them?

    Thanks in advance!