lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject Re: obtaining the number of documents stored in a .cfs file
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:24:55 GMT
I've used following code to recover index. Note: it only works with .cfs
files.

    String path = // path to index
    File file = new File(path);
    Directory directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(file, false);

    String[] files = file.list(new FilenameFilter() {

      public boolean accept(File dir, String name) {
        return name.endsWith(".cfs");
      }

    });

    SegmentInfos infos = new SegmentInfos();
    int counter = 0;
    for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {
      String fileName = files[i];
      String segmentName = fileName.substring(1, fileName.lastIndexOf('.'));

      int segmentInt = Integer.parseInt(segmentName,Character.MAX_RADIX);
      counter = Math.max(counter, segmentInt);

      segmentName = fileName.substring(0, fileName.lastIndexOf('.'));

      Directory fileReader = new CompoundFileReader(directory,fileName);
      IndexInput indexStream = fileReader.openInput(segmentName + ".fdx");
      int size = (int)(indexStream.length() / 8);
      indexStream.close();
      fileReader.close();

      SegmentInfo segmentInfo = new SegmentInfo(segmentName,size,directory);
      infos.addElement(segmentInfo);
    }

    infos.counter = counter++;

    infos.write(directory);