lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stanislav Jordanov <ste...@sirma.bg>
Subject obtaining the number of documents stored in a .cfs file
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:08:16 GMT
Suppose I have a bunch of valid .cfs files while the
segmens/segments.new file is missing or invalid.
The task is to 'recover' the present .cfs files into a valid index.
I think it will be necessary and sufficient to create a segments file
that references the .cfs files.
The only problem I've encountered in generating a vaild and well-formed
segments file is that I need to know the number of docs in each cfs file.
So the couple of questions is:
Do I have to put the right number of docs for each segments or any
(dummy) number will do?
If I have to put the right number there, how do I get it having the cfs
file?

Stanislav