lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to combine multiple fields to a single field for indexing
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:20:19 GMT
How do you set the position increment gap between each addition to the
same field name. Should you set it as high as possible to prevent
proximity queries from crossing it? I have been looking for the code to
find out how to put a gap between each same name field addition, but I
have been unable to find what I am looking for. Also, when using a
nearspan, things blow up if you look for something within
Integer.maximum--sic :) -- Will this be the same case for setting the
positional gap and if so is there a good max to use to keep a query from
ever crossing it?

Thanks,

Mark