lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phrase search using quotes -- special Tokenizer
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:35:59 GMT
That is a good point. I was just thinking that it would be a pain for
searchers to have to include the quotes when searching, but I guess
there is little way around it. The best you could do is have an option
that specified a quoted search...and you might as well make that option
be to put the word in quotes :) I don't claim to know much, just trying
to help. On the other hand, stripping the quotes would save you two
characters of space per quote in the index...ha...

- Mark