lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question: lucene sorting problems and stored fields
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:00:42 GMT
from the ****2.0**** javadoc, the Sort class, so I don't know if it
applies.....

<<<The field must be indexed, but should not be tokenized, and does not need
to be stored (unless you happen to want it back with the rest of your
document data).>>>

Is it possible you're tokenizing it? I'm at a loss as to why *storing* it
would change the behavior, but I guess it's a possibility.

Erick