lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: searching in social networks
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:50:03 GMT
Hi Sharad,

I've done this on Simpy.com.  You can see it in action if you create some Watchlists and Watchlists
Filters in Simpy.
The neighbourhood is pulled from the DB, and the search uses a MultiSearcher to search that
neighbourhood.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Sharad Agarwal <sharadbdc@aol.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 5:50:03 AM
Subject: searching in social networks

I am using lucene for simple flat searches. Now I have a requirement to
do searches based on the object's connectivity with other objects. The
way the searches are done in "social networks". Lets say I want to
search for a query in only those objects which are within 3 degrees of
connectivity to a given object.

Has any body tried this kind of feature with lucene? Any pointers will
be appreciated.

thanks
sharad