lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can I get the most hot term ?
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 19:58:45 GMT
Doesn't this sound like the HighFreqTerms class in contrib/misc/..... ?

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 3:54:49 PM
Subject: Re: Can I get the most hot term ?

: I'm pretty sure you have to count them yourself, but that's made pretty easy
: by the TermEnum, TermFreqVector etc. classes. I have only used a few of
: these, so I can't be much help. But these sure seem like what you're looking
: for.

TermEnum has a docFreq member .. so you can iterate over it and record the
terms with the N highest docFreq using something like a PriorityQueue

-Hoss