lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Catalin Mititelu <catalinmitit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Big Ducument Indexing Limit?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:14:02 GMT
Yes. The default max limit for indexing tokens is 10,000.
Look here http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html#DEFAULT_MAX_FIELD_LENGTH

aslam bari <iamaslamok@yahoo.co.in> wrote: Dear all,
  I am trying to index a Xml file which has 6MB size. Does lucene support the big document
size. What is the limit of lucene Max file size to index.
  Because when i check and trying to search in the indexed file. I am not able to get all
the results. It gives me some results but not others. I think Lucene has done partially indexed
and left the remaining part which it could not processed. IS IT RIGHT?. If not , then what
will be the problem.
  Thanks...

 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India