lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Filter inside SpanQuery
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:00:30 GMT
On Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:59, Mark Miller wrote:
> Okay, more realistically, anyone have any experience with Randy Puttnick's
> modifaction of wildcardquery and fuzzyquery? Any ideas on getting something
> like those in a SpanQuery?

You can use the IndexSearcher method that searches a query with a Filter
applied also with any SpanQuery.

In case you need wildcards within a SpanQuery, you need to construct
a SpanOrQuery over all the matching Terms during Query.rewrite().
Have a look at the source code of PrefixQuery.rewrite() to get going.
(I have not looked at Randy's code yet.)

Regards,
Paul Elschot