lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Highlighting "really" found terms
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:46:37 GMT
See here for a thread reviewing the challenges and possible solutions associated with this
problem:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/java-user@lucene.apache.org/msg02543.html

An alternative highlighter implementation was recently contributed here:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-644?page=all
I've not had the time to study this alternative in detail (I hope to soon) so I can't say
if it will do Spans correctly.

Cheers
Mark

----- Original Message ----
From: Pierre Van Ingelandt <pvaningelandt@inforama.fr>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 5 September, 2006 2:21:56 PM
Subject: Highlighting "really" found terms

Hello,

After a search, I need to highlight only the terms that do "really"
correspond to the query.
For instance :
1/ I search docs with toto and titi in the SAME sentence (using
SpanNotQuery(spanNearQuery({"toto","titi"},99999)),".") )
2/ Then I try to highlight "toto" and "titi" found (I use the queryscorer
from highlight package)

Then the problem is that it highlights ALL the titi and toto terms in the
documents. (even if they are not in the same sentence).
Is there a way to highlight only the terms really found ?

Thanks a lot !

Pierre