lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Proximity Query Parser
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:18:17 GMT
Mark,

On Thursday 31 August 2006 23:18, Mark Miller wrote:
> I am not a huge fan of the queryparser's syntax so I have started an
> open source project to create a viable alternative. I could really use
> some helping testing it out. The more I can get it tested the better
> chance it has of serving the community. The parser is called Qsol. I am
> right up against its initial release. So far it:
>
> offers a simple clean syntax.
> allows arbitrary combinations/nesting of proximity and boolean queries.

Could you say in a few words how the combination of proximity and boolean
is implemented in Qsol?

I found this the most difficult thing to implement in surround. In surround,
every subquery that can be a proximity subquery has two (groups of) methods:
one for use as boolean and one for use as proximity.
I'd like to have a mechanism that allows mixing proximity and boolean queries
built into Lucene.

Did you also implement parsed phrases with Lucene's PhraseQuery?
Surround does not have that.

Regards,
Paul Elschot