lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yura Smolsky <i...@altervisionmedia.com>
Subject how to enhance speed of sorted search
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:38:34 GMT
Hello, java-user.

I have a set of documents with two fields:
1. "summary" which is tokenized, stored. it contains some text
2. "date", which is untokenized, stored. it contains seconds from
epoch aligned to the right and padded with zeroes on the left

I perform searches which are sorted by "date" field.
my query is phrase one - summary:"some text bla bla"
my sort is SortField("modified", SortField.INT, True)

I don't need to sort documents using "summary" field by relevance. I
think that by default Lucene spends some operations to score documents using
query.

Is there any way to speed up queries? Maybe should I replace query
with filter?

The problem that I have very big index, like 80 Gb and I have a lot of
different queries (about 480 per minute).

--
Yura Smolsky