lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yura Smolsky <>
Subject Re[2]: ParallelMultiSearcher
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:12:35 GMT
Hello, Ronnie.

RK> Dont ask to ask, just ask! ;)

ok. I have big issue when I try to search ParallelMultiSearcher for
PrefixQuery. This query is being rewritten to BooleanQuery during
search. This causes Similarity to calculate docFreq for each Term in the
BooleanQuery. So if we have a lot of results for some PrefixQuery then
we have a lot of calls to docFreq method of Searchable object passed
to ParallelMultiSearcher. In my case this Searchable object exists on the
other computer (network). Search became very slow b/c
of those multiple calls of docFreq over net.

I am not sure if this question for users mail list. But I have spent
about 3 days to fix this problem and I do not see any solution.

Maybe developers of Lucene could suggest something...

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Yura Smolsky,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: