lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexSearcher executed concurrently
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:16:46 GMT
On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 17:57 +0800, jacky wrote:
> 1. I wander if concurrent users can get the right results with
> different queries since the class has only one IndexSearcher instance.
>
> 2. As we know, a new IndexSearcher can be created when user request
> his query. If first method gets the right result, so, which method can
> get better performance.

I'm afraid I don't understand your questions. What do you mean by "the
right results"? Perhaps this quote from the javadocs is what you are
looking for: For performance reasons it is recommended to open only one
IndexSearcher and use it for all of your searches.

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.html